Here’s a list of my ham radio gear.
- Yaesu VX-7R quad-band (6m, 2m, 220 MHz, 440 MHz) HT.
- Kenwood TH-D74A tri-band (2m/220/440) D-Star digital/analog APRS HT.
- Yaesu FT-857D mobile HF/VHF/UHF transceiver in a Commander 857 Go Box.
- Elecraft KX3 portable transceiver with PX3 Panadapter, KXAT3 Internal ATU and KXPD3 paddle, in a SideKX cover.
- mcHF clone RS-918SSB HF QRP transceiver (160m-10m).
- Airspy HF+ SDR receiver.
- HVU-8 80m/40/20/15/10/6/2m/70cm vertical base station antenna (200w PEP max, 150w on VHF/UHF FM) – Home QTH vertical antenna, atop 16ft of military poles.
- Elecraft AX1 multi-band whip antenna, max 15w, made for the KX series but can be used for any QRP radio.
- Wolf River Coils “Take It Along” vertical whip antenna – amazing results!
- QuirkyQRP SlinkTENNA 80-6m compact helical dipole antenna for NVIS and portable ops.
- PreciseLOOP HG-1 80-10m magnetic loop antenna (45w PEP max, 10w max on 80m) – I have had 7400+ mile confirmed QSLs with this antenna at obstructed street level. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for portable use!
- Trunk-mount TRAM 2m/70cm 19″ vertical coil capable of 100w for repeater use during commutes – 50+ mile repeater range while on 5w power.
- DIY HQD™ Speaker Wire Antenna for 20m.
- N9SAB‘s “Stealth” 40m-6m Off-Center Fed (OCFD) multiband dipole with 4:1 matching transformer that I added snap-on 1:1 current RF isolator chokes for quick-deploy configuration as a New Carolina Windom rated for 100w.
- RigExpert AA-600 Antenna Analyzer.
- LDG YT-100 HF 160m-6m antenna auto-tuner, made specifically for the FT-857D.
- SS-DV30 AC switching power supply for when the grid is up (30A) with Powerpoles.
- Hardened Power Systems Commander 857 turnkey Ammo Can Go-Box for the Yaesu FT-857D with 2x10Ah Dakota LiFePO4 batteries.
- DIY Headway 40152S LiFePO4 12v 4s1p 15Ah power box with 100A BMS and Genasun 10.5A Solar Charge Controller.
- DIY Headway 40152S LiFePO4 12v 4s2p 30Ah battery pack (under construction).
- 5 DIY 26650 LiFePO4 12v 2.85Ah 4s packs (under construction) capable of 150A pulse discharge, 42A continuous discharge, with 100A BMS.
- Bioenno LiFePO4 12v 3Ah battery, packed with KX3 in a “pretty case“.
- Global Solar 42w CIGS 12v Foldable Solar Panel.
- HQST 100w RV rigid mono-cell solar panel.
- 1200w portable gas generator.