Here’s a list of my ham radio gear.
- Kenwood TH-D74A tri-band (2m/220/440) D-Star digital/analog APRS HT.
- Kenwood TH-D72 dual-band (2m/440) HT with full-duplex capability and built-in TNC.
- Icom ID-4100A dual-band (2m/440) DStar digital/analog mobile transceiver.
- Yaesu FT-857D mobile HF/VHF/UHF mobile transceiver in a Commander 857 Go Box.
- Elecraft KX3 portable transceiver with PX3 Panadapter, KXAT3 Internal ATU and KXPD3 paddle, in a SideKX cover.
- µBITX HF SSB/CW 10w transceiver kit with 3D printed enclosure (courtesy of WE4B and his daughter W4AQT, thanks!).
- mcHF clone RS-918SSB HF QRP portable transceiver (160m-10m).
- HVU-8 80m/40/20/15/10/6/2m/70cm vertical base station antenna (200w PEP max, 150w on VHF/UHF FM) – Home QTH vertical antenna, atop 16ft of military poles.
- Elecraft AX1 20m/17m coil whip antenna, max 15w, made for the KX series but can be used for any QRP radio.
- Wolf River Coils “Take It Along” SB1000 coil vertical whip antenna – amazing results! Tunes near resonant on 80-10m.
- Arrow II 146-437-10WBP yagi handheld antenna for satellite and distance operation (courtesy of N9BAV, thanks!).
- Ed Fong Roll-up J-Pole 2m/440.
- Matchbox 9:1 un-un end-fed random wire antenna for 80-6m.
- QuirkyQRP SlinkTENNA 80-6m compact helical dipole antenna for NVIS and portable ops.
- PreciseLOOP HG-1 80-10m magnetic loop antenna (45w PEP max, 10w max on 80m) – I have had 7400+ mile confirmed QSLs with this antenna at obstructed street level.
- Trunk-mount TRAM 2m/70cm 19″ vertical coil mobile capable of 100w for repeater use during commutes – 50+ mile repeater range while on 5w power.
- DIY HQD™ Speaker Wire Antenna cut for 20m.
- N9SAB‘s “Stealth” 40m-6m Off-Center Fed (OCFD) multiband dipole with 4:1 matching transformer rated for 100w.
- Powerwerx SS-DV30 AC switching power supply for when the grid is up (30A) with Powerpoles.
- Hardened Power Systems Commander 857 turnkey Ammo Can Go-Box for the Yaesu FT-857D with 2x10Ah Dakota LiFePO4 batteries.
- DIY Headway 40152S LiFePO4 12v 4s1p 15Ah power box with 100A BMS and Genasun 10.5A Solar Charge Controller.
- Many DIY LiFePO4 12v homebrew battery packs custom made from 26650 or 32700 LiFePO4 cells.
- Bioenno LiFePO4 12v 3Ah battery, packed with KX3 in a “pretty case“.
- Bioenno LiFePO4 solar charge controller 20A.
- Sunkingdom 39w 12v Foldable Solar Panel.
- Global Solar 42w CIGS 12v Foldable Solar Panel.
- HQST 100w RV rigid mono-cell solar panel.
- 1200w portable gas generator.
- RigExpert AA-600 Antenna Analyzer.
- LDG YT-100 HF 160m-6m antenna auto-tuner, made specifically for the FT-857D.
- American Morse DCP Miniature Iambic Paddle.
- Vibroplex® Vibrokeyer Deluxe Chrome.
- Tigertronics Signalink USB radio interface.
- JumboSpot MMDVM Pi Hat built from a kit with a Pi Zero for D-Star/DMR hotspot mobile use.